Friday, October 31, 2008

First real pregnancy issue

Well, it is official! I found out at the doctor's this week that I have gestational diabetes. Now I am on a diet that does not include ice cream, or anything else sweet for that matter! I never realized how many carbs and how much sugar I really ate until my doctor brought it to my attention. Luckily I am able to take care of my temporary condition with the diet and do not have to do much else.
I will try to post a picture or two next week from our 3D ultra-sound. We had to rescheduled since the little one did not want to cooperate the first time around! Stinker!
The ticker I added to my site, thanks to Kristy, has really brought on some reality! I am amazed each time I look at it to see how close this really is to happening. Luckily I feel as if I am prepared....as much as I can be anyway.
I also should be able to post good news about the kids in a few weeks as well! Keep up the prayers....we still need them and so do the kids.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Sorry to hear about the diabetes, but as you said, at least you can control it by diet and not by having to give yourself shots. Too funny about the ultrasound - Emily didn't cooperate for us the first time either :)