Sunday, March 8, 2009

Another change in jobs!

As of Monday the 2nd City Council approved my new job. When I return from maternity leave I will go back to the Parks & Recreation department as the Director. WOW! My former boss has been promoted to the Assistant City Manager and I was asked about moving into the Director role. I am very excited about the new opportunity and look forward to continuing to lead the department in the great direction we are going! I am also excited that my first project as the director will be to build a $17 million, 100K square foot recreation center! The city and the department are so much different than when I started over 9 years ago and I said then it was a great time to be in Pearland and believe that even more now! For those that used to work for the department that might read this....I will try and get a rendering of the recreation center and post it here for you to see. It is because of the work that you did in your tenure with the department that helped us get to where we are! I think it would be great to have you all at the grand opening of the facility next year!

2 comments:

RKE said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful and I am very happy for you....AND your family!

Lee said...

Congrats Michelle! You deserve it! Send me an email at stephsyphus@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invite to view our blog (it's private). It looks like your family has grown quite a bit since I left P-land!

Stephanie Syphus