Sunday, December 28, 2008

Matthew will be here a bit early!

Well....Matthew should be here Tuesday. I know my ticker says it will be 8 days...it is more like 2 days now. Matthew is due on the 5th but the doctor has scheduled me for a C-section for the 30th. I had an ultrasound last week (38 weeks) and apparently Matthew has a pretty big head....his head measured over 40 weeks while his stomach and femur measured just about right at 38 weeks. More then that he is facing the wrong direction...he is looking straight out instead of to the back or the side. The worst postition he could be in according to the doctor. The fact that I have gestational diabetes has the doctor concerned as well. He does not want me to go full term because of the possible aging of the placenta. I am not overly happy about having to have a c-section but I will take what comes and do the best with the cards I am dealt. Please keep me in your prayers as I recover from surgery. I am nervous about the surgery itself and then having a new little one to take care of, two kids at home to take care of and an adult child to care for as well. And I go back to one of my favortie quotes from Mother Teresa..."I know God won't give me anything I can't handle but I really do wish he did not trust me so much. My next posting should contain some new baby photos!!! I still cannot believe the time is already here!

4 comments:

Kristy P said...

Hey Michelle - I just read your posting. Congratulations! I hope everything goes well for you. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of Matthew!

RKE said...

Congratulations on Matthew! We can't wait to see photos and meet him. I hope you recover well and we will be praying for ya'll!

Erika said...

well I can't wait to see pics of him!! I had an unexpected c-section, and I was pleasantly surprised by the recovery. God bless that little baby, and his mommy!! Can't wait!

Angela said...

Assuming Matthew has arrived and that everything went well! Wishing you all the best in 2009 with your growing family! Be sure to rest as much as you can and getting a little "me" time in now and then (I know that's easier said than done)! Can't wait to see pictures!