Friday, December 12, 2008

The end is near!




Well, I am at 36 weeks in this picture and I am about ready for this to be over. It has been a pretty easy pregnancy but I am ready for the little guy to be here and for me to start getting back to my pre-baby weight. We might be looking at an early arrival for little Matthew. Because I have gestational diabetes the Dr. might want to induce. I really hope not but will follow his advice. I would rather him induce then wait and end up with a c-section because the little guy is not so little. I have an ultrasound scheduled for the week of Christmas so I will know then what he is going to want to do. Based on that ultrasound we might have our new addition on December 30th.




We took the kids to a sibling class at the hospital and they had a good time. You can see in the picture that Mark is helping Cody with the diaper. Cody has already stated he will not be changing any diapers but will be more then happy to get me the supplies I need. Both of the kids are pretty excited about having a baby brother. They both are regular huggers of me and the baby and often pat and talk to Matthew. It really is cute. Cody is playing basketball and I took him to practice the other day....Lindsey wanted something to do while he was in practice so she brought a baby doll and supplies so she could practice with the diaper changing and the swaddling. Loved it!!! She was too cute!


2 comments:

Angela said...

You look fantastic! Remember, 37 weeks is considered full term, so if they induce, the baby will be fine as his lungs will be fully developed. Emily was born at 38 1/2 weeks (she was impatient I guess)and had no complications at birth. Good luck and happy holidays to you all!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You look like you simply slipped a basketball under your sweater... You look great and I can't wait to come over and babysit while you catch up on some sleep. Just put me in the glider with a spare bottle so we don't have to disturb Mommy and I'll be content for hours!