Thursday, September 25, 2008

Post Hurricane Ike

It has been over a week since Hurricane Ike hit our area and thankfully we survived the storm with very little damage. Just a few pieces of fence knocked down and that was it. And to top it off we were only without power for less then 24 hours. We were much better off then some that still do not have power to their homes. Needless to say we had some guests for a while and have fed many others too. I am really glad I was in the 'good weeks' of this pregnancy thing because the long hours and work would have been much harder if I was any further along I think. I will post another picture soon....just wanted to let others know we were okay from the storm and that we feel very blessed.
Also, your prayers are working in regards to the kids. We have won a small victory and if all goes well we will win another soon. Good things come to those who trust in the Lord's timing and our faith has really paid off. I will update more on that as well....we have a few more hoops to jump through still.

No comments: