Sunday, August 31, 2008

The baby bump at week 22


Well...the bump is getting a bit larger but still not too big. I anticipate that will change pretty quickly.

I felt the little one kick for the first time last Sunday. That was the first time I really knew that is what the feeling was. Since then I have felt all kinds of kicks and punches. They are still not coming regulary but I have been told that will come soon enough! It really is "cool feeling". I have had a few of those "oh my gosh" moments when I have picked up one of the tiny diapers! I told Mark...."Honey, I am going to have someone that fits in this and the doctors are going to let me take him/her home." That is a pretty cool feeling too!

So far I am keeping on my schedule....if all goes well I will have 2-3 whole months to do all those things I forgot about! The registry is complete, the nursery is painted except for the mural which is scheduled to be done in October, and we have registered for all of our baby classes and start those in mid-September. I am now researching child care options and hope to have something narrowed down by the end of October. We are trying to decide between a standard day care, an in-home provider or hiring a live-out nanny to come to our house. I would appreciate any advice or feedback you might have on this matter.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Hey Michelle-
I wanted to say Hello and Congrats!
Kristy shared your blog with me,I have one also. I hope things are going well with you. You and your family look very happy. Being pregnant is the best, but being a mommy is even better. Feel free to visit our blog too! -Erika